Evil White Tiger

Sunday, February 10, 2008

So, I haven't exactly been writing here a lot, so I guess it is time for an update on art in my life.

I have of course been writing and drawing Everyday Gods (www.everydaygods.org), however there may be a few changes to the writing style soon. I have been writing with the viewer in mind, however I think I may have been doing so to much. Recently I have been reading another comic in book form, which had notes from the writer. He had mentioned that a lot of what he wrote were things he thought were funny even if he wasn't sure that the rest of the world would get the jokes, and a lot of what he wrote were odd reflections of his own life.
This reminded me of some of my old writings. A friend once said that to read my stories, you could tell I wrote a lot of my real life feelings into them. And I liked the old stories. And if I am to believe the people that read them, they liked them too. So I may go back to that in Everyday Gods. Write some of the things I think are funny, add my own experiences into the comic, and hope that it is humorous to everyone that reads it. At this point I really should just write for my own amusement anyway as I am not sure how many readers I actually have. ;)

Other projects that I am working on.... well.... one sort of ties into Everyday Gods. I drew a filler day comic of my wife as a Transformer. She asked me to paint a Hot Wheels monster truck as the monster truck in the drawing. I am almost done with it and will post a picture when it is finished.
Surprisingly that is really all I am doing art wise....
I am starting a new book, and will talk more on that when I have more.... I guess that is kind of a d'uh statement huh.....
A second story idea has also started. It will be a fantasy story for kids. I am going to write it for my step-daughter, and see how it turns out.

Well, I think I shouldn't have written this while I am this tired, but oh well.
Have a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home