Evil White Tiger

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Miniature Painting: Chaos Eldar 1st Attempt

Okay, today I finally have pictures of the Chaos Eldar conversions and a finished model.
This first picture is what the normal model would look like. It is close to the real size (the others will be close ups so look bigger.) and is straight off of the box.



This next picture is how I put this model together. I clipped the top of the head off and used green stuff to model the hair. I liked the way it ended up. The hair will be used on all of my models.



Then finally this is the final product. Looking at the close up shots I am a bit disappointed with the black paint coverage, though it looks better farther away. (For instance if you look at the side bar with the smaller pictures.)



I got the idea for the paint scheme from Disney’s Tron. (Well technically I got it from the video game Kingdom Hearts II, which had a Tron world. Donald Duck in a Tron like outfit was cool and funny at the same time.) I will eventually do other squads with different base colors also so the lines will be red, yellow, etc.

There is another experiment going on now also. Let me tell you a short story.
Colleen and I were at JoAnn Fabrics looking for Wonka’s Night Out stuff, and while she was looking at patterns, I walked over to the paints. I found a glow in the dark gloss. I thought, oh that is neat, but put it back and went back to Colleen. When I mentioned it to her, she immediately said, “Oh that would be neat, especially if you were to use it on the blue, and then paint the black over it, so only the blue part glows.” I hung my head in shame, for I hadn’t thought of that. I headed back to the aisle and picked up a bottle.
I will keep everyone informed to see how it goes and try to get a picture of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home